Not ready to become a foster parent? There are still ways you can help!
- Sponsoring a child’s stay at summer camp?
- Donating tutoring sessions?
- Sponsoring extracurricular activities such as dance lessons or music classes?
- Sponsoring a child’s uniform for a sports team or choral group?
- Providing a gift certificate to a book store?
- Donating tickets to a local event?
- Purchasing a computer for a college-bound teenager?
- Donating care packages for college-bound teens or teens aging out of care?
- Supporting the cost of orthodontia?
- Helping with prom or graduation expenses?
- Sponsoring a child’s visit to a hair salon or barber shop?
- Purchasing gift cards for youth as Christmas gifts?
- Donating back packs stuffed with school supplies?
Contact DSCYF_FosterCare@delaware.gov for more information on how to help a child in foster care.
You can also volunteer with the Delaware-based organization Foster Well. Foster Well’s Care Team Program matches foster homes with volunteers who provide emotional or practical support, like providing groceries or a meal, for a family every so often. Find more information here.