Snowden Cottage is a Level IV staff secured residential treatment program designed to address the needs of adjudicated male adolescents and assist them in making a successful transition to the community.
- Transition/Aftercare Services
- Rewards-Based Behavior Management System (Cognitive Behavior Therapy)
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Daily academic education by certified instructors, special education services and GED preparation
- Mental Health services provided by a certified psychologist and psychiatrist
- Psycho-Educational Group Curriculum
- Social Skills Development
- Medical, dental, and eye care services
- A variety of programming provided by community-based organizations
Average Lenth of Stay
90 day minimum
“Transformation starts here!”
General visitation hours for Residential Cottages are Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. or 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. All visits are one hour in duration. All visits must be scheduled by Friday’s at Noon through the youth’s Treatment Specialist, Treatment Specialist Supervisor or Family Crisis Therapist. Residents on restrictions for behavior will be limited to a 30 minute visit.
General visitation is limited to parents, guardians, and grandparents.
- All visitors must have State Issued picture I.D.
- All personal belongings must be secured in your vehicle prior to entering the Cottage.
- No food or drinks will be permitted in the Cottage.
In general, residents are not permitted to accept incoming phone calls (unless under an emergency situation and approved by a supervisor). Residents are assigned phone call night and are permitted one 10 minute phone call per week to a primary parent or guardian. Once a resident advances in the behavior management system, additional phone calls can be earned.
All phone calls are directly monitored by staff.
All outgoing mail is sealed in front of staff and signed by the supervisor before being sent out. All mail will be sent out within 24-hours.
All incoming mail is visually reviewed by a supervisor to ensure mail is not coming from any other facility or contains contraband. The stamps are removed from the envelope prior to giving to the residents.
Cottage Name (Grace, Snowden or Mowlds)
1825 Faulkland Road
Wilmington, DE 19805
Snowden Cottage Contact Information
Mailing Address: 1825 Faulkland Rd, Building #8, Wilmington, DE 19805