Mowlds Cottage is a staff secured transition program that houses male adjudicated youth up to the age of 18 years old who have completed the Ferris School program. Services include:
- Transition/Aftercare planning for community reintegration
- Rewards-Based Behavior Management System (Cognitive Behavior Therapy)
- Substance Abuse Relapse Education
- Family Engagement
- Psycho-Educational Group Curriculum
- Social Skills Development
- Community Service Projects
- Job Searching/Job Skill Development
- Daily academic curriculum provided by certified instructors, special education services, and GED preparation
- Medical, dental, and eye care services
In addition to youth transitioning from Ferris School, Mowlds Cottage also accommodates short-term commitments for youth on Aftercare supervision who have been committed by Family Court.
Average Length of Stay
“What I am today is a reflection of what I have learned, not my potential.”
General visitation hours for Residential Cottages are Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. or 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. All visits are one hour in duration. All visits must be scheduled by Friday’s at Noon through the youth’s Treatment Specialist, Treatment Specialist Supervisor or Family Crisis Therapist. Residents on restrictions for behavior will be limited to a 30 minute visit.
General visitation is limited to parents, guardians, and grandparents.
- All visitors must have State Issued picture I.D.
- All personal belongings must be secured in your vehicle prior to entering the Cottage.
- No food or drinks will be permitted in the Cottage.
In general, residents are not permitted to accept incoming phone calls (unless under an emergency situation and approved by a supervisor). Residents are assigned phone call night and are permitted one 10 minute phone call per week to a primary parent or guardian. Once a resident advances in the behavior management system, additional phone calls can be earned.
All phone calls are directly monitored by staff.
All outgoing mail is sealed in front of staff and signed by the supervisor before being sent out. All mail will be sent out within 24-hours.
All incoming mail is visually reviewed by a supervisor to ensure mail is not coming from any other facility or contains contraband. The stamps are removed from the envelope prior to giving to the residents.
Cottage Name (Grace, Snowden or Mowlds)
1825 Faulkland Road
Wilmington, DE 19805
Mowlds Cottage Contact Information
Mailing Address: 1825 Faulkland Rd, Building #7, Wilmington, DE 19805