Support for Intergenerational Caregivers

Most behavioral health services are voluntary. That means that before treatment can begin, an informed consent to treat, signed by the parent is needed. Sometimes a grandparent or other relative is acting as parent for the child. Relative Caregivers may legally sign consent to treat if they obtain a Relative Caregivers’ Medical Authorization Affidavit.  Call the Division of Service for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities at 1-800-223-9074. You can also visit their Website . The process is very simple. It will help in obtaining behavioral health and physical health treatment for your child.

Back to Top