~ Our Mission: To ensure safeguards and enhance quality for children in out-of-home care. ~

Make a Complaint

Filing a Complaint against a Child Care Facility

For complaints about possible child abuse or neglect at a child care facility, you need to contact the Child Abuse Report Line 24/7 at 1(800) 292-9582.

The Office of Child Care Licensing investigates complaints about possible violations of licensing rules by child care facilities. It has no authority to investigate financial matters nor does it investigate personal disputes.

To file a complaint about a child care facility, call (302) 892-5800 in New Castle County. In Kent or Sussex Counties dial (302) 739-5487 or 1-800-822-2236 or file a confidential complaint online.