Click View more/less to view or hide details.


Applicants are required to follow DELACARE: Regulations for Early Care and Education and School-Age Centers to operate a licensed center.

DELACARE: Regulations for Early Care and Education and School-Age Centers
Effective 09/10/2020
DELACARE: Regulations for Early Care and Education and School-Age Centers
Effective 05/01/2019


These forms are used for centers and will help you to follow DELACARE Rules. View more/less

  1. Accident or Injury Report
  2. Adult Health Appraisal
  3. Annual Parents Right to Know Notice Log Kent and Sussex
  4. Annual Parents Right to Know Notice Log New Castle
  5. Center Renewal/Relocation License Application
  6. Center Staff File Checklist
  7. Child Abuse Report Law Acknowledgement
  8. Child Abuse and Neglect Recognition and Reporting Procedures
  9. Child File Checklist
  10. Child Health Appraisal
  11. Child Information Card
  12. CPR and First Aid Training Resource List
  13. Daily Attendance Form
  14. DE First Early Childhood Qualifications Application
  15. DE First School-Age Qualifications Application
  16. DE First Verification of Experience
  17. Diabetes Medical Management Plan
  18. Diaper Changing Procedure
  19. Emergency Phone Numbers
  20. Emergency Plan
  21. Employee Declaration and Drug Alcohol Prohibition Acknowledgement
  22. Fingerprint Verification
  23. Infant Daily Log
  24. Infant Feeding Schedule
  25. Medication Administration Record - Emergency or as Needed Use
  26. Medication Administration Record – Routine or Limited Use
  27. Menu Evaluation Form (Kent and Sussex)
  28. Menu Evaluation Form (NCC)
  29. Monthly Fire Prevention Inspection Checklist
  30. Parent/Guardian Handbook for Centers
  31. Parents Right to Know Notice-Kent and Sussex Counties - for tours
  32. Parents Right to Know Notice-New Castle County - for tours
  33. Professional Development Plan
  34. Release of Employment History
  35. Required Parent Permissions (Kent and Sussex)
  36. Required Parent Permissions (NCC)
  37. Sample Authorization for Care by Non-Intravenous Injection
  38. Sample Release and Waiver of Liability for Non-intravenous Injection
  39. Service Letter (2)
  40. Staff Handbook for Centers and LFCCH
  41. Staff Orientation Record
  42. Supervised Experience Form
  43. Training Record for Staff Member Trained in Day-To-Day Operations
  44. Variance Request
  45. Yearly Review of Safe Sleep Practices

Back to top

Post a Job Opening

If you wish to hire staff, create a free job posting.  Your posting will automatically be deleted after 4 weeks.

Upcoming Training

Information Sessions

If you are interested in opening an Early Care and Education or School-Age Center, please review the upcoming 2020 training calendar for Centers.  Once you decide on a day and time, sign up for Center Information Session to be registered or call 302-892-5800 in New Castle County or 302-739-5487 in Kent and Sussex Counties.

Back to top

Administration of Medication

As a child care provider, in order to give medicine to children, Administration of Medication training is needed. Once you successfully pass the test, you will receive your certification. View more/less

Self-Study Guide to Prepare for the Test

Due to COVID-19, the Office of Child Care Licensing is not conducting in-person testing. Once the State returns to normal operating procedures, you will be able to register for a test.

If you are planning to administer non-intravenous injections, additional training as stipulated by the child’s health care provider is required. The following forms will also need to be completed: Diabetes Medical Management Plan, Sample Release and Waiver of Liability for Non-intravenous Injection and Sample Authorization for Care by Non-Intravenous Injection.

Back to top

Selling or Buying an Existing Center

Here is information to guide you through the process of selling or buying a center. View more/less

If you are planning on selling or purchasing an existing center, please contact the licensing specialist for that facility.  The buyer will need to attend a center orientation and complete the application process.  Once that process is complete, letters stating the date and time of the change in ownership are to be provided to the Office of Child Care Licensing from both the applicant and the owner, confirming the change of ownership.  Once an on-site compliance review has been conducted, the new applicant will be issued an initial-provisional license, assuming the facility is in compliance with DELACARE Rules.

Back to top

Register to Participate in Supervised Experience

If you are looking to reduce the amount of experience required for certain center positions, you will need to register in advance. View more/less

Those working toward qualifying as an early childhood curriculum coordinator, early childhood teacher, early childhood assistant teacher, or school-age site assistant are now able to reduce the experience required by half by participating in supervised experience.  Please complete this registration form and use the Supervised Experience Form to document the supervised experience.   After the required time has passed and the documentation is completed, send the Request for Supervised Experience to DSCYF/Office of Child Care Licensing, 3411 Silverside Road, Concord Plaza, Hagley Building, Wilmington, DE 19810 to Kelly McDowell’s attention. Once it is received and approved, the staff will be issued a supervised experience certificate.  This certificate may be sent to Delaware First and used to qualify for the above listed positions, assuming the staff meets the education requirements.

Back to top

Delaware Stars

Delaware Stars can help you improve the quality of your program. View more/less

If you are interested in participating in Delaware Stars, a quality improvement program, you must first be sure that you meet the eligibility requirements. Programs are eligible to apply to Delaware Stars if they have been open and serving families with a current, valid license from the Office of Child Care Licensing for a minimum of 6 months and at the time of application are not under any enforcement action, including suspension, probation, or warning of probation. In addition, there must be no outstanding concerns with Purchase of Care (POC) or the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Please visit Delaware Stars to apply.

Back to top


Grants and other funding are available to improve the quality of care or to purchase necessary items.View more/less

Capacity Grant

The Capacity Grant provides funding for quality improvement technical assistance strategies and grant resources to licensed child care programs to increase the supply of child care in areas where it is limited. Please visit Capacity Grant to apply.

T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Delaware

T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Delaware provides scholarships for those working in licensed child care centers and family and large family child care homes. To learn more, please visit T.E.A.C.H.

Back to top

Subsidy Programs

The Child and Adult Care Food Program and Purchase of Care are two programs that help improve low income families' access to quality child care homes and centers. View more/less

The Child & Adult Care Food Program

The Child & Adult Care Food Program improves the quality of care for children by making it more affordable for many low-income families. Through CACFP, more than 3.3 million children receive nutritious meals and snacks each day.  See how CACFP can make a difference in the quality of care! As a participating program, you will become part of a nationwide effort to improve children’s nutrition and will be teaching those children the foundation of a healthy lifestyle.

The following three agencies Catholic Charities, Delaware Parents Association, and Children and Families First manage the CACFP for child care centers, large family child care homes, and family child care homes in Delaware. lease contact an agency for more information about joining the CACFP.

Purchase of Care

Purchase of Care (POC) is a program that helps low-income families pay for their child care.
As a provider, you have the option of contracting with the Division of Social Services DSS) to care for children enrolled in POC.  Becoming a POC provider means that you will accept DSS payment rates and will not charge parents any additional fees, other than those allowed in the contract.

If you do not want to come under POC contract and you are a licensed provider you can still accept POC children via Self-Arranged. This means the POC parent pays your full ate directly, but is only reimbursed the POC rate portion by DSS after you sign their monthly receipt for services.

If you are interested in contracting with POC, please contact the DSS Child Care Monitor for your county.

New Castle County   302-255-9670
Kent County              302-739-4437
Sussex County          302-856-5569

Back to top

Useful Links

These websites may be used to enhance your program, provide you with information, and help answer questions you may have.