~ Our Mission: To ensure safeguards and enhance quality for children in out-of-home care. ~
As of June 15, 2020, all Delaware families may access child care and all licensed child care providers may operate, provided they follow applicable DELACARE regulations as well as the additional health and safety requirements developed by the Office of Child Care Licensing and the Division of Public Health.
Families in need of child care may use the Office of Child Care Licensing "search for child care" map, recognizing that not all providers may have reopened at this time or may have limited enrollment or hours. Please contact the program directly to inquire about their current availability of care.
For more information about child care during COVID-19, providers and families should go to coronavirus.delaware.gov/child-care.
August 17, 2020
The Office of Child Care Licensing is offering an online version of Administration of Medication. To register and access the training, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://dieecpd.org.
- Next log in or create an account.
- Go to the Professional Learning tab and click on online learning.
- Click on the link for DEPDNow online training opportunities.
- Scroll down to Administration of Medication Certification. Click register now on the right.
- On the registration received tab, click on the blue Administration of Medication Certification and this will take you to depdnow.com. To access training, click on “My Profile” which will take you to your Dashboard. Click on Training Title on Dashboard then click here to access course.
- Log into DEPDNOW with the same email and password that you used for DIEEC.
- If you have issues, please contact (888) 882-5294 for assistance.
August 16, 2020
Due to COVID-19, Phase II requirements for Child Care Facilities are still in effect. Once we enter Phase III, more information will be provided.