COVID-19 has changed the way of life here in Delaware, but the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families continues to push forward. We hold strong in our mission to promote the safety and well-being of children and families through prevention, intervention, treatment and rehabilitative services.
Below are resources for community partners, families and DSCYF staff as we go through this time. The materials include links to wellness resources and self-care, information on how to support children and connections to community groups and services.
Above all, remember: You are resilient and we will get through this together.
Delaware Coronavirus News
Individuals with general questions about coronavirus can call 2-1-1 or text your ZIP code to 898-211 for deaf and hard of hearing. For those with specific health-related questions, email us at DPHCall@delaware.gov.
Main Information: de.gov/coronavirus
YRS Secure Care COVID Case Count Updated 04/14/2021
YRS Secure Care Family Visits All youth visitation resumes April 19
What Families Should Know
- Visitors will be asked screening questions for coronavirus symptoms prior to and upon entry to the facility and have their temperatures taken at the facility.
- Masks will be required at all times during the visits.
- Social distancing guidelines will be in place.
- Visitation is limited to parents and guardians (2 visitors at a time). Bring a valid driver’s license or state identification.
- Visits will be limited to 45 minutes to allow for sanitization of the visitation area before and after the visit.
- YRS asks that visitors who display COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of their visit contact the facility to inform them of the symptoms or positive test.
Important Phone Numbers
Always reach out to 9-1-1 in emergencies.
Report Child Abuse or Neglect
- Delaware’s Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-292-9582
Report online at iseethesigns.org
Mental Health Supports
- Delaware’s Child Priority Response Hotline:
- Crisis Text Line (for youth):
Text DE to the number 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
(800) 273-TALK (8255)
- DSCYF Access Unit (for general mental health questions and to be connected to resources):
Call 1-800-722-7710 or email DSCYF_Intake_General@delaware.gov
Youth Rehabilitative Services Phone Numbers
For parents and caregivers looking to reach out to their children residing in Youth Rehabilitative Services facilities during this time please call - 302-633-2620