The Fine Arts Program has been at Ferris since 1997. It consists of a visual arts program, which includes drawing and painting, and a theater program consisting of play writing/acting and staging.
The programs are funded through the combined efforts of the Department, the Committee of Education, Art, Etc. and private funding through grants.
Ferris School students have entered contests with other Delaware high school students and won various art contests.
- National Junior Duck Stamp Contest -- students placed 1 st, 2 nd, 3 rd, and Honorable Mention.
- Peoples Settlement Poster Contest (HIV/Drug Awareness) -- students placed 1 st and 2 nd.
- Universal Needs in Drug Awareness Day (poster/writing) -- students placed 1 st in art and 2 nd in writing.
- Graphic Arts (Pictures) Picture1, Picture2
- Poetry - My Father, Happiness
To see works of art by other youth involved with the Delaware Children's Department, please visit our online Art Gallery.