The Division of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services (DPBHS) values the partnership with providers in serving the children of Delaware. Providers are expected to share Systems-of-Care philosophy and to work with Department case managers and each other in supporting children and their families within these principles:
- Services are individualized and include strength-based solutions.
- Services are appropriate in type and duration.
- Services are child-centered and family focused.
- Services are, as much as possible, community-based.
- Services are culturally competent.
- Services are provided within and across a seamless system.
- Services are planned and managed within a team-framework that includes the child, the family and whatever natural and systems supports are available to them.