For complaints about possible child abuse or neglect at a child care facility, you need to contact the Institutional Abuse Investigation Unit at 302/577-5509.

The Office of Child Care Licensing investigates complaints about possible violations of licensing rules by child care facilities. It has no authority to investigate financial matters nor does it investigate personal disputes.

To file a complaint about a child care facility, call 302/892-5800 in New Castle County. In Kent or Sussex Counties dial 302/739-5487 or 1-800-822-2236.

Child Abuse/Neglect and Child Mental Health Crisis Hotlines