~ Our Mission: To ensure safeguards and enhance quality for children in out-of-home care. ~
June 9, 2017
The Office of Child Care Licensing (OCCL) will offer two additional FREE in-person Health and Safety training classes that cover the information in Better Kid Care’s Health and Safety training.
- On Saturday, June 24, 2017, a training will be held from 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM at OCCL’s office in Wilmington.
- On Saturday, June 24, 2017, a training will be held from 2:00 PM -6:00 PM at OCCL’s office in Dover.
Two FREE in-person trainings for Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect will be held for Family and Large Family Child Care providers on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at OCCL’s office in Wilmington. The first training will be held from 6:00 PM -7:00 PM and the second will be held from 7:15 PM to 8:15 PM.
Advance registration is required. Please call (302) 892-5800 to register for any of these trainings.
Don’t forget, all Family and Large Family Homes must complete the following trainings and submit them to OCCL by July 1, 2017, to be compliant with the new regulations. If you have already completed your required annual training for this year, you can count all of the following trainings to meet the July 1 requirement toward next year’s annual training:
- 6 hours of child development;
- 3 hours of positive behavior management/social emotional development;
- Child abuse and neglect recognition and reporting; and
- Better Kid Care’s Health and Safety Basics: Requirements for Certification or OCCL’s Health and Safety Training.